Thursday, May 31, 2012

The things kids say...

The other day we were swimming in the pool (Addie swimming, me sitting in a lounge chair).  She has always been one to retain lots of information, especially when it comes to any commercial that appeals to her.  This is what she tells me, "mommy, there is this really cool mermaid Dora that can swim and it comes with a really cool mermaid tail for big girls to wear, and then I can be a swimming mermaid in the pool....and, Mommy, it's available at Target."  To say that she cracks me up would be an understatement. 

Then there is Raegan, over the last month she has really started talking more and putting more words together for sentences.  I have been trying really hard to get her to say her name...this is how it goes. Me: "Raegan, say my name" Raegan: "my name" Me: "is" Raegan:  "issss" Me:  "Raegan"  Raegan:  "yaaa" (which is her version of yes) at least she agrees that it's her name.  No matter how many times we go through it, it's the same every time, however, I can sometimes get her to say Raegan, but it doesn't really sound very much like "raegan".  Oh well, we will get there.  She suprised me yesterday by picking up a blue marker and saying blue, but then she continued to pick up every other color and say blue as well, so its hard to say if it was a lucky guess, or if she really knew what she was talking about.  Knowing her, she probably knows all her colors, but just isn't telling us.  She has also been imitating Addie's counting, she will cover her eyes as if playing hide and seek and clearly says "8, 9, 10"  followed by her version of "ready or not, here I come."  However, she of course will not do any of these things for the camera. 

Her favorite words and phrases are "Eat" "I don't know" "I want to see" and "Ya, I do."  She must be going through a growth spurt, because there are many days that it seems like all she wants to do is eat.  When I pick her up after work and ask her what she did at Busia's her answer is always "eat." When we get up in the morning, after her run through of asking about Daddy, Addie, Lucy and Harley, it's always "eat."  And, usually she eats better then Addie does, however she is still a little skinny minnie. 

Addie has 3 more days of preschool left, I can't believe she is going to be a kindergartner.  I will be very thankful for not having to drive her up to Toledo for school anymore, especially on my days off, but it still just doesn''t seem possible.  She has her screening next week and then we will find out what schedule she is on, I am hoping that her and her little bff Austin from next door are on the same schedule so that they can ride the bus together, they would both love that!  It will be weird having her gone all day for school, as much as I wasn't thrilled about Anthony Wayne's every other day kindergarten, I think that it will be a nice transition before she is gone all day everyday...more so for me, she is so ready for school, she hates leaving preschool and asks to stay almost everyday, so I know she can handle it, I just don't know if I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment